From left to right : V, J-Hope, Suga, Jin, Rap Monster, Jungkook, Jimin.
Official Website : http://bts.ibighit.com/
BTS, known as Bangtan Boys is a kpop idol (boyband) from the agency BigHit Entertainment. They debuted on June 13, 1993. BTS is known as BangTan Sonyeondan (Hangeul : 방단소년단) in Korea which means Bulletproof Boy Scouts. BTS consists of 7 members, who are from different parts of South Korea.
They are :
1. Kim Nam-joon (Hangeul : 김남준) has a stage name “Rap Monster”. He was called so because of his remarkable talent in rapping as he can quickly come up of a rap and that he has a habbit of breaking things. He was born in Ilsan on September 12, 1994. He isn’t the oldest in the group although he is the leader of the group. Being gifted with rapping skills, he acts as the rapper in BTS. But his skills in dancing, unfortunately caused him to be called a robot, as he is not quite good at it.
2. Kim Seok-jin (Hangeul : 김석진) has a stage name Jin. He is the oldest member, being born on December 4, 1992 in Gwacheon. He is in charge as one of the vocals in the group. His cute face will make you think that he’s one of the youngest in the group. Along with Rap Monster, he too is not quite good at dancing.
3. Min Yoon-gi (Hangeul : 민욘기) has a stage name “Suga”. He earned his stage name due to his smile that was sweet as sugar according to BigHit’s CEO, Bang Si-Hyuk. He is the second oldest being born in Daegu on March 9, 1993. He also has a remarkable talent in rapping along with Rap Monster and so acts as the rapper in the group. He also releases solo work under the name Agust D. He is usually lazy and have less energy in daily life as said by the other members, but they also stated that he acts completely 180° of the opposite when he is on stage.
4. Jung Ho-seok (Hangeul : 정호석) has a stage name “J-Hope”. He is one of the most lively in the group. He was born in Gwangju on February 18, 1994. The members said that he lightens up the mood of the other members in the group, as you can say that he leads the mood of the group. He is always seen cheerful and rarely shows sadness. He is also often called Hobi by the other members.
5. Park Ji-min (Hangeul : 박지민) has a stage name Jimin. He is the oldest when considered in the maknae-line. He was born in Busan on October 13, 1995. He is in charge as one of the lead vocals in the group. He has nicknames such as "Chimchim" and "Jiminie". He has a really smooth voice which is higher compared to the other vocals in the group. He is really good at singing high pitched notes.
6. Kim Tae-hyung (Hangeul : 김태형) has a stage name “V” which stands for “Victory”. He got his name from Big Hit’s CEO, Bang Si-Hyuk. Bang Si-Hyuk PD-nim often forgot his name when he was a trainee and so gave him the stage name “V”. He is the second youngest in the group being born in Daegu on December 30, 1995. He also has nicknames, such as “Alien” and “4D”.
7. Jeon Jeong-gug (Hangeul : 전정국) has a stage name Jungkook. He is the maknae of the group, meaning he’s the youngest amongst the members. He was born in Busan on September 1, 1997. He is often called “The golden maknae” as he is particularly good at anything he does. When BTS first debuted, he was still at the age of 15, but his voice was remarkably smooth just like Jimin’s. He has nicknames such as "Bunny Kook" and "Jungkookie". He acts as the lead vocal along with Jimin and his voice is deeper when compared to Jimin. He attended SOPA (School Of Performing Arts Seoul) High School.